Drop One, Pick Up One!

Welcome to my world of knitting and crocheting. I will try to post as often as possible with my projects and ideas. I am new to this so please bear with me.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

LYS disappointment :(

I am using blue to type this today, because that is how I feel. We only have 2 LYS's in our town. A very, very, very, very, (did I mention very?) small Michael's and a Super Walmart. Now for the disappointing part. They don't carry anything good in them. They have the regular acrylic yarn such as red heart and carron. They also have bernat and lion brand items, but not thier whole selection. I want to knit socks with self patterning yarn and we have none in our LYS. Not even lion brands color magic. I also have seen several cute patterns that call for yarn I had only heard of in other peoples blogs or pattern books. Now ofcourse I have searched the internet and found these yarns. So the problem is you ask? I only have a limited budget to purchase yarn (contrary to popular beleif, the military does not pay well) so I usually can't purchase enough at one time to complete a project. Also I have a patients problem, I can't make myself wait and save up. If I have yarn money in my budget I am out buying yarn instantly to start a project. So I am usually stuck with the basic yarn or fun fur type stuff.

So all this being said, I figured out what I am going to go to school for next year when I start at the community college. Small business!! I am going to open a yarn shop in town. It is going to hold a Stitch n Bitch session and classes to learn knitting and crocheting and the whole works. Now that my bitch session is done I am going to start knitting so I can post some pictures later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home